LUXURY AND TRANQUILITY ON THE LAGOON
The Thatch House Hermanus, is a luxury holiday Villa, cocooned behind the ancient Cape Fold Mountains on the waters edge of the Hermanus Lagoon. It offers a peaceful and luxurious getaway for families, small groups, special events and those in search of rare solitude.
The Villa, situated just outside the holiday town of Hermanus (4km away), is a haven from the hustle of this pretty holiday town. Open your door wide to breakfast on your private terrace and enjoy the views across the expansive garden that rolls down to the lagoon. There, a boat awaits to take you cruising. Your kids are already exploring the tree house or enjoying a game of tennis. Consider a gym workout, a mountain hike, a massage or simply enjoy a glass of bubbles.
This is your time, your retreat.
The Thatch House style is opulent and gracious, but never formal. Kids can run free, adults can linger over meals and savour the peace. This is a home to love and live in, to celebrate and laugh in.
We imagine it holding Great Gatsby parties and intimate weddings, grand luncheons and silent retreats. It is a space that holds people lightly, so that the pace of your day is your own.
What to expect in our luxury holiday villa:
- Breathtaking setting on the bank of the lagoon
- Vast, elegant and luxuriously styled suites.
- Two swimming pools.
- A gym, putting green, croquet & floodlit tennis court.
- On-site chef provides all inclusive dining experience
- Full-time staff provide full service.
- Kids’ jungle gym, games room & movies.
- Complete privacy and security.
What to do at the villa:
- Paddle the lagoon
- Laze by the pool
- Enjoy a good book in the library
- Arrange a wine tasting over lunch
- Request a picnic at the lagoon
- Stroll down to the jetty with your kids and some fishing tackle to try your luck
- Take the boat across the lagoon to Grotto Beach
- Get active: play tennis, climb the tree house, bounce on the trampolines, swim in the pools or the lagoon
What to do in the area:
- See the whales (by kayaking up close, or from the cliff paths in Hermanus, or by boat (they visit between July and November).
- Enjoy some pamper time at the nearby spa or request a therapist to visit your suite.
- Play golf at world class courses (Arabella and Hermanus Golf Club)
- Dive with sharks. (Trips leave from Gansbaai, a 35-minute drive away.)
- Enjoy shopping, restaurants and Saturday markets in pretty Hermanus.
- Taste great wines in the Hemel en Aarde (Heaven and Earth) Valley.
- Go hiking and mountain biking in the fynbos-covered mountains.